Ludwig Drums

Ludwig Musser Student M41 is an excellent choice for musical endeavors and music, which stands out for its brilliance and reliability. The instrument has a rang..
New
The Ludwig Classic Maple LS403 snare drum is the epitome of craftsmanship and impeccable quality, which are combined with Ludwig's long history of drum manu..
New
Thanks to its unrivaled sound and striking design, the Ludwig Black Beauty LB417BT snare drum has become a true icon among drummers. The renowned Ludwig company..
New
The Ludwig Classic Maple Mod L88204AXBY drum set is not only an instrument, but also a true benchmark in the world of musical instruments. With its exceptional ..
New
The Ludwig Accent CS Combo Power LC125 drum set is the perfect choice for those who are just starting out in the world of music or for those looking for a quali..
New
The Ludwig Speed Flyer L204SF bass drum pedal is the epitome of comfort, reliability and speed. The Ludwig Speed Flyer L204SF is rooted in a century of innovati..
The Ludwig Musser Student M47 is an excellent instrument for musical learning and performance that stands out for its high quality and reliability. With a 3.5-o..
Showing 1 to 7 of 7 (1 Pages)
Ludwig Drums

Ludwig Drums is a United States musical instrument manufacturer, focused on percussion. It is a subsidiary of Conn-Selmer. Products manufactured by Ludwig include timpani, drum kits, and drum hardware. The company also makes keyboard percussion instruments, such as marimbas, vibraphones, and xylophones, through the Ludwig-Musser brand.

The Ludwig Drum Company was established in 1909 by William F. & Theobald Ludwig, sons of a German immigrant to the United States. William Jr. had been a professional drummer, playing with circuses and touring vaudeville shows, along with the occasional skating-rink gig. Since this work was irregular, he and his brother, Theobald, opened a drum shop in Chicago; they called it Ludwig & Ludwig. The company started with a concept for the design and manufacture of a functional bass drum pedal.

The company added new products to its catalog, such as snare drums and timpani, in 1916. In 1917, Ludwig signed a deal to build rope-tensioned snare drums to support World War I. Theobald Ludwig died in 1918, and William continued on his own.

In the late 1920s, the company was sold to the C.G. Conn instrument company. William Ludwig stayed on to run the company for Conn (which also owned the Leedy Manufacturing Company at this time). Eventually, William Ludwig decided to leave Conn and start a new company of his own. He was unable to use the Ludwig name since that trademark now belonged to Conn who continued to market Ludwig & Ludwig drums.

Ludwig acquired the Musser Mallet Company, a manufacturer of xylophones, marimbas and vibraphones, in 1965. Ludwig was a strong presence in the marching drum market. During the 1970s, Ludwig's "Challenger" line of snare drums offered sophisticated tuning and strong build quality. Ludwig drums were used by many leading drum and bugle corps.

On 4 November 1981, William F Ludwig II sold the business to the Selmer Company (now Conn-Selmer). Selmer closed the Damen Avenue factory in the ensuing years and moved the drum production business to Monroe, North Carolina, in 1984. In 2002, Ludwig merged with Conn-Selmer, becoming a brand of Conn-Selmer, Inc.

The Musser manufacturing facility remained in LaGrange, Illinois, until 2013, and was then moved to Elkhart, Indiana.

www.ludwig-drums.com