There’s another standalone DJ setup coming today at NAMM, a new launch from Gemini DJ, the SDJ-2000. This is a four channel all-in-one controller/mixer, with a 7-inch screen above the mixer section for loading and playing tracks.
Gemini’s new standalone gear is very inspired by other gear out there on the market, but Gemini has developed their own accompanying Mac/PC software, VCase, to act as the music management software (like Engine or Rekordbox). There’s also the capability to expand the control of the hardware by plugging in Gemini MDJ-1000 media players via Ethernet, allowing control of four decks in that way instead of swapping decks between 1/3 or 2/4.
The main Gemini SDJ-2000 features include:
- two decks with large, flat jogwheels
- loop control, effect knobs and pads 4-channel mixer
- 7 ” screen for onboard software (track data, etc)
- 4 deck control, onboard or by plugging in two Gemini MDJ-1000s
- 6 analog stereo inputs
- 2 master outputs (XLR & RCA) + booth output
Follow the NAMM news at our site!