The XLD281 is a 3 –way design using CCT (Coverage Control Technology) to control horizontal coverage to 250 Hz. It uses a 8" neodymium LF transducer, a 8" neodymium LF/MB transducer, and two neodymium 2" voice coil compression drivers combining through 2 hydra plane wave generators into a 120° x 10° waveguide. CCT uses both 8" transducers to provide maximum low frequency output and operating bandwidth while controlling horizontal beam width to 250 Hz by using DSP.
The XLD281 can be used in tri-amp mode, or in bi-amp using a sophisticated internal passive network. Designed for use in arrays of four or more elements the XLD281 delivers full bandwidth audio with precise, predictable coverage control. Integrated rigging with hinge points located correctly between array elements is simple to use and quickly provides uncompromised line array performance. Ground stacking is easily done using Array Rails or subwoofers as the array base.
Most applications using flown very compact elements require subwoofers integrated into the same array as the full range systems. XLVC provides two methods to conveniently do this. The XS212 sub woofer module has the same rigging foot print as the XLD281 allowing it to be directly arrayed above, or below XLD281 full range systems. Where vertical space is limited sub woofer arrays can be created and flown behind the XLD281 full range array using an additional grid and a Coupler Beam. LAPS modeling software quickly provides array configurations and rigging information.
XLVC delivers unprecedented performance in applications ranging from live reinforcement to performing arts venues,to houses of worship.
- Freq. Response1 (-3 dB): 75 Hz-18 kHz
- Freq. Range1 (-10 dB): 60 Hz-20 kHz
- Max Calculated SPL1 : 135 dB Cont., 141 dB Pk
- Horizontal Coverage: 120°
- Vertical Coverage: Array Dependant, Software Definable
- Rigging: Fully Captive Aluminum, 1° increments, 16 elements with 8 to 1 Safety Factor
- LF1 Power Handling: 200W Cont., 800W Peak
- LF2 Power Handling: 200W Cont., 800W Peak
- HF Power Handling: 80W Cont., 320W Peak
- Biamp LF1/HF Power Handling: 400W Cont., 1600W Peak LF2 - 200W Cont., 800W Peak
- Sensitivity1 : 112 dB
- Bandpass Freq2: 50 - 250 Hz
- LF1 to HF Crossover Freq2: 1600 Hz
- LF1 Passband: 1 x 8" DVN2080, 16 ohms
- LF2 Passband: 1 x 8" DVN2080, 16 ohms
- HF Passband: 2 x ND2S, 16 ohms
- Biamp LF1/HF Passband:16 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier:EV CP3000S
- Connectors: 2 x NL8
- Enclosure Material: Birch plywood w/EVCoatTM
- Grille: Zinc plated steel with powdercoat paint
- Environmental Spec: IEC 529 IP24, MIL 810
- Dim (HxWxD): 9.90" x 28.58" x 14.52"
- Net Weight: 21.8 kg