The Control 24C is perfectly suited for a wide variety of applications from professional offices and airports to restaurants and specialty retail stores. High power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion make the Control 24C ideal for sound systems requiring a higher fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. The premium performance capability ensures excellent sound character, providing pleasant, enveloping sound throughout the listening area.
The Control 24C's 16 ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers in parallel without having to use a more expensive constant voltage distributed system. The optional Control 24CT version includes a multitap transformer for 70V/100V systems.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is a non-invasive loudspeaker protection system that is inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound. The computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers warm, smooth bass response. Low frequency output can be further augmented with the addition of one of the Control Contractor subwoofer models.
The 100 mm (4 in) woofer features a polypropylene-coated cone and pure butylrubber surround for long life, even in high humidity environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
The coaxially mounted 19 mm (3/4 in) titanium coated tweeter provides crisp, clear highs. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage of the listening area. The extremely broad 130 coverage pattern allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation.
- Coaxially mounted 100 mm (4 in) woofer with butyl rubber surround and 19 mm (3/4 in) titanium coated diffraction-loaded tweeter
- High power, wide frequency response and low distortion for high sound level capability
- Wide coverage allows fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed sound system without sacrificing performance
- JBL's exclusive SonicGuardTM overload protection allows higher operational levels and improved system reliability (24C only)
- Packaged with grille, backcan and tile rails for fast installation
- Freq. Range (-10 dB): 80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Capacity:80 Watts Continuous Program Power40 Watts Continuous Pink Noise
- Nominal Sensitivity: 86 dB SPL @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Coverage Angle: 130 conical coverage
- Directivity Factor (Q): 2.4 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Directivity Index (DI): 3.8 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz
- Rated Maximum SPL: 102 dB @ 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Nominal Impedance (24C): 16 ohms (Min Z 16.1 ™ @ 320 Hz)
- Transformer Taps (24CT):070V: 30W, 15W, 7.5W & 3.7W taps100V: 30W, 15W, & 7.5W taps
- Low-Frequency: 100 mm (4.0 in) Polypropylene-coated, 1" coil on aluminum former
- High-Frequency: 19 mm (0.75 in) Titanium coated polyester
- Enclosure: Backcan: Formed steel
- Baffle/Rim: Medium impact polystyrene, fire rated UL94V-0
- Overload Protection: Full-range power limiting to protect network and transducers. (On Control 24C, not on Control 24CT)
- Termination: Removable locking connector with screw-down terminals. 2 input terminals and 2 loop-thru output terminals. Max. wire size 12 AWG (2.5 mm2)
- Safety Agency Rating: In accordance with IEC60849 / EN60849. Suitable for use in air handling spaces, per U.L.-2043, U.L.-1480, NFPA90, NFPA70A.
- Outside Dimensions (H x Dia): 200 x 195 mm (7.9 x 7.7 in), 184 mm (7.2 in) front of ceiling tile to back of backcan
- Cutout Size: 168 mm (6.6 in)
- Net Weight (ea): 2.7 kg (6 lb) 1 CT: 3.5 kg (8 lb)
- Included Accessories:C-shaped support backing plate2 tile support rails (fits both 2 x 4 ft or 600 x 1200 mm tiles)Cutout templatePaint shieldRemovable locking wiring connector