D&B Audiotechnik 12S-D
The biaxial 12S/12S-D are high performance 2-way loudspeakers that house a single 12” driver in a bass-reflex enclosure and different HF sections for a wide range of installed sound applications. Both versions are lightweight passive designs using neodymium drivers and large horns for accurate pattern control with rotatable dispersion characteristics of 110° x 55° respectively. Both loudspeakers are equipped with a 1,4” exit compression driver. With their extended frequency response from 48 Hz to 18 kHz both versions can be used as full range systems and can also be supplemented by different subwoofers of the xS-Series.
The enclosure is constructed from marine plywood with an impact resistant black paint finish and is Ball Impact Resistant according to DIN 18032-3 for schools and sports halls. The front of the loudspeaker cabinet is protected by a rigid metal grill backed by an acoustically transparent foam. The top and bottom panels incorporate a pair of M10 threaded inserts and the rear panel incorporates two M8 threaded inserts, two NL4 connectors as well as a two pole screw terminal block. The loudspeaker cabinets and most accessories are also available with the Special Colour (SC) option that can be executed in all RAL colours, whilst the Weather Resistant (WR) option provides an IP34 rating, and enables operation of loudspeakers in changing ambient conditions.
- Frequency response (–5 dB standard): 48 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency response (–5 dB CUT mode): 100 Hz - 18 kHz
- Max. sound pressure (1m, free field): 133 dB
- Cabinets per amplifier channel: 2
- Nominal impedance: 8 Ω
- Power handling capacity: (RMS/peak 10 ms) 300/1600 W
- Nominal dispersion angle (h x v): 110° x 55° rotatable
- LF-driver: 12" with neodymium magnet
- HF-driver: 1,4" compression driver with CD horn passive crossover network
- Connections: 2 x NL4, screw terminal block
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 63,8x33,8x36,5 cm
- Weight: 17 kg