The company AKG unveiled at Musikmesse 2015 dynamic microphone AKG D112 MKII bass drum made based on the model AKG D112.
AKG D112 has earned a reputation as the best kick drum microphone for all time. Drummers do not spare him because He maintains 168dB SPL SPL without audible distortion. Specially designed membrane with a very low resonance frequency maintains solidity and power of drums below 100 Hz, while a narrow climb to 4 kHz allows the attacker to break through a dense mix, meet the minimum equalization, or no. As a result, drum sounds just fine.
This model is designed for the voice of the bass drum or bass guitar both on stage and in the studio. Also AKG D112 MKII can be successfully applied to the sound of trombones, bass amps, etc.
From predecessor AKG D112 MKII differs somewhat improved design: has a built-hinged for optimum microphone location with respect to the sound source. At the same time in terms of sound, or the technical characteristics of the new model is no different from AKG D112.
Main features AKG D112 MKII:
- the ability to withstand high sound pressure (160 dB) without distortion;
- large diaphragm with a low resonant frequency;
- built-in coil, noise compensating;
- wide dynamic range and high S / N ratio;
- no additional EQ sound;
- cardioid polar pattern;
- It has built-in windscreen;
- new product can also be used for the sound of wind instruments (trombone and tuba), and bass cabinets.
- Operating frequency range: 20 - 17,000 Hz;
- Sensitivity: 1.8 mV / Pa;
- Electric Impedance: 210 Ohm;
- Recommended load impedance: 2000 Ohm;
- Output connector: 3-pin XLR;
- Dimensions: 126 × 70 × 115 mm;
- Microphone weight: 300 g