Guitar Effects Processor Zoom G2
- 96 kHz sampling brings out authentic sounding tube amp harmonics
Everyone knows that the sound of tube amplifiers is the ultimate in guitar tone. By employing high-accuracy sampling at 96 kHz, G2 pedal faithfully model these sonic properties, right up to the highest harmonic register. Dynamic range is also excellent, thanks to 24-bit A/D/A conversion. These extremely high levels of digital processing also make your playing sound cleaner and clearer thanks to the fast processing speeds.
- ZFX-3: A new-generation DSP from ZOOM
The heart of any multi-effect device is its processor and decoder section. Zoom has reached a new level with its newly developed ZFX-3 chip. 32-bit architecture ensures smooth and detailed signal processing. Accuracy and speed bring out the character of your instrument without restrictions.
- 54 high-quality effects made possible by 32-bit processing
A total of nine effects modules are included, including dynamics, ambience, drive, and modulation. Together they offer 54 types of effects. The Harmonized Pitch Shifter lets you play along in key. Use long delays or multi-tap delay of up to 5000 milliseconds. Select dynamic flanger and have the effect level controlled by picking intensity. Select from three types of modulation waveforms for the tremolo. A multitude of high-performance choices opens up totally new territory in this class. Touch up the harmonic register with the six-band equalizer. The cabinet simulator gives a choice of mic positions. The G Series has in incredible level of flexibility and the ability to create an awesome array of great tones.
- Latest modeling technology supports 16 different drive sounds
By digitally simulating the clipping action of analog devices such as tubes and diodes, the G Series faithfully duplicates the distortion of tube amps and vintage effects. This includes not only the superficial sound character but also elements such as depth and dynamics. As you start using the G Series, you will be amazed by the realistic balance between fundamental notes and harmonics that is essential to a great analog tone.
- The right tools for the job: Editing controls with analog feel
The three rotary knobs let you tailor three different parameters at the same time. This could be the equalizer bass/midrange/treble, or the chorus depth/rate/mixing level, or the delay time/feedback/mixing level. It's like having an array of stomp boxes ready for action. In play mode, the three knobs are assigned to drive effect gain, tone, and patch level. This lets you quickly match the unit's performance to the guitar or amp type, room acoustics, or other factors. Delay time and modulation rate settings can be made directly via the intuitive TAP key input.
- Preset patches ready to use for recording or live performance
The Zoom G2 comes preprogrammed with a total of 40 preset effects patches. 20 pairs of similar sounding and similarly named effects are optimized respectively for use with a guitar amp on stage or for recording with DAW software or a mixer. There are settings for duplicating well-known amps and stomp boxes, settings that are modeled on the signature sound of famous guitarists, as well as totally original Zoom creations. There is also enough built-in memory to store up to 40 of your own effects patches.
- World's fastest patch change speed: 5 ms
Thanks to the speed of Zoom's new processors, that annoying interval when switching patches has been all but eliminated. With its amazing speed of 0.005 seconds, the G Series pedals never miss a beat. When changing from rhythm to lead, you no longer need to press the switch slightly in advance. Simply push the foot switch and start playing the solo phrase. No more fear of losing the rhythm when making patch changes.
- Built-in auto-chromatic tuner for guitar
The guitar tuner can be called up instantly by pushing two foot switches together. High-brightness LED indicators make the note readout easy to see also on a dark stage. The calibration range is 435 to 445 Hz, and mute tuning without sound output is also possible.
- ZNR makes those playing pauses silent
Zoom Noise Reduction (ZNR) was developed specifically for guitar. While keeping any alteration of the original sound to an absolute minimum, ZNR shuts out unwanted noise in the playing pauses. Even the tails of long sustain notes come out beautifully, with natural release. Additional flexibility is provided by two noise gates. The vintage type DIRTY GATE is a great match for fuzz sounds, while the high-speed muting of the GATE setting brings heavy riffs into clear focus.
- Integrated drum machine with PCM sound sources
Realistic drum sounds derived from PCM sources are arranged in a variety of rhythm patterns for different musical genres. The 40 rhythm variations include the steady 8-beat of Rock and Pop, funky 16-beat, a "Jazzy" 4-beat, some great shuffle riffs for blues sessions, and many more choices. Rhythm training is a cinch, and the rotary knobs let you quickly make tempo or level adjustments.
- Ultra low noise design: 120 dB SN ratio and -100 dB noise floor
Specifications such as a signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB and noise floor of -100 dB demonstrate a level of performance that is unsurpassed in this class. Background noise is a thing of the past, leaving the unit free to produce only its own superbly transparent sound. Especially when using reverb effects such as Hall, Room, or Spring, the low noise floor combined with 96 kHz sampling and 32-bit processing results in breathtaking performance.
- Sturdy metal chassis and rubber damping for superior toughness and durability
The combination of a solid metal chassis with shock-absorbent rubber damping ensures that the unit can stand up to the rigors of use on stage. Take it on the road or into the studio, the G Series will not let you down.
- Effect Types: 54
- Effect Modules: 9
- Maximum Simultaneous Effects: 9
- Patch Memory: User 40+Preset 40
- Sampling Frequency: 96kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 64 times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 128 times over-sampling
- Input: 1/4" phone jack (Rated input level: -20dBm, Input impedance: 1MΩ)
- Output(Line / headphones combined): 1/4" stereo phone jack(Maximum output level: +5dBm, Output load impedance: 10kΩ or higher)
- Control Input: Expression pedal, footswitch
- Display: 2-digit, 7-segment LED display, Parameter LED
- Power requirements (sold separately): AA size (LR6) battery x 4, or AC adaptor (AD-0006 recommended). DC9V/300mA/Center minus type (AD-0006 recommended)
- Battery Life: 7.5 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (mm): 156(W) x 162(D) x 65(H)
- Weight: 700g (without batteries)