Guitar Effects Processor Zoom G2Nu
- Legendary Tone. Extreme Power. Intuitive Control.With 30 models of amazing amplifier sounds with mind-blowing realism and inspiring expressiveness, a USB audio interface for direct recording using DAW software, and a rhythm machine, looper function and more, the G2Nu gives you everything you need for live performance, studio session or productive practice. Get premium performance in an all-in-once pedal.
- New drive sounds
Zoom's completely redesigned drive sounds use the most technologically advanced spectral analysis, impulse response and frequency response data, making all the new settings offered on the G2Nu the most realistic models Zoom has ever created. There are 20 models of legendary guitar amps and stomp boxes, with accurately fine-tuned sonic aspects like gain setting, range and harmonics character. In addition, you can choose from 10 original sounds created by Zoom, designed for excellent clarity and presence, capturing your dynamic range adjustments and picking nuances that give you that truly expressive tone that you crave.
- USB Audio Interface
The G2Nu operates as an audio interface, letting you record directly to a computer connected via USB cable. All your sound settings used during rehearsal or a live performance can be recorded onto your DAW software. Its direct monitoring capability eliminates any latency problems, assuring realistic studio conditions and hassle-free operation.
- Direct mode optimized for recording
All 30 drive sounds have a special modeling algorithm designed specifically for line recording. Simply turn on the DIRECT key on the top panel and enjoy dynamic amp sounds that recreate the ideal speaker cabinet characteristics over a flat response audio system or headphones. Of course, this mode works perfectly for direct recording to a DAW application via the USB audio interface.
- 20 Amazing patches created by Steve Vai
The G2Nu features 20 highly creative and versatile patches produced under the supervision of master guitarist Steve Vai. Also included are dozens of presets that authentically recreate the vintage rock sounds of the sixties and seventies, plus the styles of many famous artists. Zoom supplies 100 patches right out of the box and you can create your own and save up to 100 more right on the pedal.
- Edit and share
Zoom's Edit & Share software is available through a free download and allows you to use your computer to intuitively create, edit and save your own, personalized amp and effect settings. Use "radar charts" to show a visual representation of the tone characteristics of each preset patch. And amp/effect type sorting helps you quickly find the tone you are after. Using drag and drop to rearrange patches makes editing easy and fun, and you can even download the latest patches online. You can even share your patches with others or download a cool patch someone else created.
- Smooth tube distortion models made possible by ZFX-3 processor
To recreate the rich blend of harmonics in the upper frequency ranges that are unique to tube amplifiers, you need a powerful, fast processor. Thanks to its high-resolution signal processing using 96 kHz sampling and 24-bit A/D/A conversion, the advanced ZFX-3 sound engine implements complex digital modeling technology to convincingly recreate those subtle tube amp characteristics.
- Large LCD
One of the most important and useful new additions to the G2Nu is its large 1.9 inch display. This new screen makes creating your own sounds a breeze. But Zoom has also simplified the interface with three large control knobs to make changing your tone similar to a stomp box, making the overall operation easy and intuitive.
- "Collectors edition" of 83 guitar effect types
Ranging from standard to advanced, nine modules with 83 high-quality effects provide unsurpassed flexibility and tonal variation. Choose effects like the MXR Dynacomp, famed for its peculiar compression, Vox Crybaby and other renowned wah pedals, four types of chorus with great depth and ambience and six types of reverb providing transparent clarity. Or let your tonal imagination run free with dynamic flangers, tremolo with selectable modulation waveform, harmonized pitch shifter, multi-tap delay, reverse delay and many more.
- Studio quality 6-band graphic EQ on-board
The frequency bands of the built-in 6-band graphic equalizer were designed specifically for electric guitar. In the crucial midrange, which determines a great deal about tonal quality (400 Hz, 800 Hz, 3.2 kHz, 6.4 kHz), peaking type characteristics are used. The low end (160 Hz) and high end (12 kHz) are adjusted with shelving type curves. This gives you the complete tone control capability normally found on high-end studio gear.
- Auto-chromatic tuner with LED indication
The LCD display and LED indicators make its auto- chromatic tuner easy to use on a dark stage. Its mute tuning capability is also very useful on stage.
- Drum machine with PCM sound sources
Choose from 40 different rhythm patterns including 8-beat and 16-beat as well as 4-beat, shuffle and many other variations. The intuitive tap key makes it easy to directly set the tempo. Start a jam session anytime, anywhere.
- Looper function
Use its 5 second looper function to record, playback and overdub guitar phrases that can be controlled with your pedal. This "sound-on-sound" feature lets you lay down phrases in real time, and during a live solo, you can use the looped sound as backing.
- Ultra low noise
Specifications such as a signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB and noise floor of -100 dBm provide a level of performance that is unsurpassed. Background noise is effectively eliminated, and ZOOM's proprietary ZNR noise reduction also removes unwanted noise. Even the tails of sustained notes come out beautifully, with natural release.
- Extremely fast patch change
With its amazing patch change speed of only 5 milliseconds, the G2Nu allows you to never miss a beat. Change from rhythm playing to a solo in an instant by simply pushing the switch and start playing the solo phrase at the same time because the muting interval when switching patches has been reduced to an absolute minimum.
- Effect Types: 83
- Effect Modules: 9
- Patch Memory: User 100 + Preset 100
- Sampling Frequency: 96kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24-bit, 64 times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 64times over-sampling
- Signal Processing: 32-bit
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 40kHz + 1.0dB, -3.0dB (10kΩload)
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel, 1.9" backlit LCD
- Input: 1/4" phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- Output: 1/4" stereo phone jack (Line / headphones combined)
- Maximum output level: +5dBm (Output load impedance: 10kΩ or higher) Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Control Input: Expression pedal, footswitch
- USB Interface: 16-bit, 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
- Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X v10.4/10.5/10.6
- S/N: 120dB
- Noise Floor: -100dBm
- Power Requirements: AA size (LR6) battery x 4, AC adaptor (AD-16: DC9V/Center negative/500mA), USB bus power
- Battery life: 6.5 hours. (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 166(D) x 160(W) x 64(H)