The NEXUS TUBE pumps out 400 watts RMS of pure, uncluttered bass tone, via a unique preamp and power amp package, containing 3× 12AX7, 1× 12BH7 and 8 – count 'em – 8, KT88 power amp tubes.
Designed and built to the highest professional standards using the best available parts. The Nexus all-tube bass head with its menacing â€œTerminatorâ€ looks just oozes quality even before you hear its crushing bass tone.
The Nexus TUBE packs a high tech preamp with over 24 features on the front panel alone! Might look complicated but it is laid out logically and can be tailored to your individual needs.
Internally the NEXUS TUBE packs massively oversized torroidal transformers â€“ big bass means big power requirements!
Valve-wise the Nexus Tube comes loaded with 12AX7â€™s handling the gain side of things, a 12B7 handling the drive and 8 rugged KT88 power valves â€“ pushing out 400 watts of bass punch and midrange crunch. Gold plated relays and hefty grille protection give the Nexus a heavy weight but beautifully constructed persona!
Increasing the Terminator feel of the Nexus TUBE is its internal array of LEDs that glow bright blue and red when in use indicating valve status. This extensive protection system also includes separate fuses per power valve to prevent total shutdown in the event of individual failure.
From vintage valve soaked bass lines, coloured with tube distortion, to clean slap and pop with more treble, the ability to switch from/between/combine tube gain or fet gain means that the possibilities are endless. You can add more punch to your sound with the on board compressor, you can add more bass with the on board sub feature, versatility is king.
The supplied foot switch also gives you the ability to switch in and out the internal compressor and graphic and parametric EQ for ultimate on stage control.
The rear panel of the Nexus-TUBE houses everything the player will need when it comes to interfacing with outboard gear and cabinet compliments.
High quality Neutrik combination speakon/jack sockets give you cabinet options down to 2 Ohms, FX Loop, XLR DI out â€“ selectable Pre/Post EQ option and a pre-amp out/Power amp in loop give you everything you need and the panel is finished off with a tuner out socket and a port for connecting the custom FS5 footswitch supplied with the unit.
- Cabinet Design Marine Grade plywood cabinet with large grip handles.
- Channels Fet & Tube.
- Class Class A/B.
- Compressor Single Control for threshold & range with auto level adjust (footswitchable).
- DI Socket Male XLR (Balanced & Switchable Pre/Post EQ).
- Packed Dimensions (HxWxD mm) 409 x 664 x 516.
- Equalisation Bass & Treble shelving controls, Hi & Lo Para Mid, and 6 Band Graphic EQ.
- Footswitch Yes - FS5 included.
- FX Loop(s) Send & Return Jacks (post EQ, pre Master Volume).
- Impedance 2, 4, and 8 ohms.
- Inputs 1x Jack (with 10db Pad switch).
- Line In Power amp in.
- Link Jack (Line Level Slave) Yes.
- Master Presence Control Yes - Active Power Stage Feedback Control.
- Output Valves 8x KT88.
- Power 400 Watts.
- Preamp Valves 3x ECC83, 1x 12BH7.
- Speaker connections 3x Speakons.
- Tuner Output Socket 1x Jack (direct from input, still active when amp muted).
- Weight 39 Kg Packed, 34.5 Kg Unit.
- Unit Dims - for int. case (HxWxD mm) 219 x 541 x 393.