The Rode NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries. Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video. The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications.
The Rode NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 250Ω
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Maximum Output Level 6.9mV
- Sensitivity -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- Power Options: AA Battery+48V phantom power
- Weight: 161.00gm
- Dimensions: 280.00mm H x 22.00mm W x 22.00mm D
- Output: XLR Output
In the Box:
- Multi-Powered Shotgun Microphone
- Durable Microphone Clip
- Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- Padded Zip Pouch (large)