From solo performance to ensemble playing, the C-30 provides the perfect sound and touch for baroque music. Enjoy the best of both worlds — a new-generation digital harpsichord with authentic sound and touch, excellent playability, and soul-stirring expression.
- 61 keys with “click action” F-Scale touch
- Four harpsichord sound-sets and two positive organ sounds
- Plectrums and strings never need replacing, and no tuning is required
- Five different classical temperaments with Baroque pitch support
- Reverb effect enhances small room acoustics
- Mahogany finish with optional picture board, decoration panel, and bench
Elegance and Class
The C-30 is elegant and classy, and suitable for any size room. It allows images, paintings, or other artistic elements to be affixed to the keyboard lid and side panels (see Accessories). Roland provides a variety of image patterns, including paintings and stained-glass-type panels. Together with its matching stand (included) the C-30 is a gorgeous addition to any home or music venue.
Not only does the C-30 look and sound wonderful, it’s a joy for the fingers as well. Roland’s newly developed “click action” F-scale keyboard provides the perfect, authentic harpsichord experience.
Four types of sound-sets are built into the C-30: French-type harpsichord, Flemish-type harpsichord, Fortepiano and Dynamic harpsichord. Each has four stop variations: 8’I (back), 8’II (front), 4’ and Lute. It also has two positive small-pipe organ sounds, and a choice of five temperaments with Baroque pitch support.
Classical Tuning & Temperament
Available tuning options include baroque pitch (415Hz) and Versailles pitch (392Hz), which can be switched instantly without changing the temperament (classical tuning). A total of five tunings are supported. In addition to equal temperament, there are Werckmeister, Kirnberger, Vallotti and Meantone. Best of all, since the C-30 is a digital instrument, it is unaffected by weather, humidity, or transport. It never goes out of tune!
Music students will appreciate the ability to play day or night without disturbing their surrounding environment. But when it’s time to raise the volume, the C-30 can fill every corner of a medium-size hall with its built in speakers (without the use of an external PA). For larger venues, the C-30 can be connected to an external amp or PA for high-volume performance.
Solid and robust, the C-30 is also portable and easy to move — great for traveling musicians or music schools and churches. Simply unplug and carry the C-30 from room to room.
- Keyboard 61 keys (F scale, haprsichord action mechanism)
- Maximum Polyphony 128 voices
- Tones6 (8 feet I, 8 feet II, 4 feet, Lute, Organ I, Organ II) (4 types : French type, Flemish type, Fortepiano, Dynamic Harpsichord)
- Effect Reverb (8 levels)
- Controls Volume knob, Reverb knob, Tone knob
- Key Transpose-6 to +5 (semitone steps)
- 5 types (Equal, Werckmeister, Kirnberger, Vallotti, Meantone)
- Baroque Pitch 415 Hz/392 Hz
- Master Tuning 440/415 Hz ±50 cents
- Pedal Damper/Tone change
- Speakers 12 cm x 2, 8 cm x 2Rated Output
- 13 W x 2 Connectors
- Phones jack (Stereo), Output jacks ( L/Mono, R ), Input jacks ( L/Mono, R ), MIDI connectors (In, Out), Pedal jack, AC adaptor jack
- Power Supply AC Adapter
- Power Consumption 25 W (AC 117 V/230 V/240 V)
- Cabinet Finish Simulated mahogany
- Accessories Owner's manual, AC adaptor, Power cord, Music stand, Damper pedal (DP-10), Picture board, Decoration panel
- Options Bench (BNC-29), Picture board (OP-C30PB series), Decoration panel (OP-C30DP series)
- Size and Weight ( Lid closed ) Width1,100 mm43-5/16 inches
- Depth 380 mm15 inches
- Height 830 mm32-11/16 inches
- Weight 38.0 kg83 lbs. 13 oz.
- Including Stand.
- Size and Weight ( Lid opened ) Width1,100 mm
- Depth 450 mm17-3/4 inches
- Height 1,170 mm
- Weight38.0 kg