VTX series dual 18" subwoofers employ two 2269H 18" transducers featuring Differential Drive technology with two voice coils, two neodymium magnets and extremely high peak-to peak excursion capabilities to deliver extended very low frequency performance.
The VTX S28 can be suspended or ground-stacked and is cardioid-arrayable in either configuration for improved rear rejection. Compatible with VTX V25 suspension, S28 can be suspended at the top of V25 arrays to extend the effective low frequency line length, providing improved vertical pattern control combined with improved rear rejection when used in cardioid mode.
Alternatively, S28 arrays (cardioid or front-firing) can be suspended beside or behind V25 arrays. For theatrical sound design, S28 can be suspended in the middle of flown V25 arrays to facilitate balcony and floor coverage by allowing improved underbalcony penetration. Larger cardioid configurations are also effective where S28 is suspended or ground-stacked in multiple cardioid blocks, each block consisting of 3 enclosures (2 front-firing, 1 rear-firing).
- Aluminum front baffles for reduced cabinet
- JBL’s patented Differential Drive®
- Patented JBL S.A.F.E.TM Suspension System
- Crown VRack DSP and Amplification
- JBL HiQnet Performance ManagerTM System
Enhanced Performance and Dramatically Reduced Driver Weight
JBL's exclusive dual voice coil, dual magnetic gap Differential Drive technology is at the core of all VTX models, dramatically reducing driver weight while greatly enhancing all critical performance parameters: frequency response, power output and distortion.
VTX S.A.F.E™ Suspension & Laser setup
Next Generation Line Array System Solutions.
JBL’s patented S.A.F.E suspension system is streamlined for speed and efficiency with improved hardware for faster setup with fewer pinning operations and greater security.
- System Type Full Size Suspendable, Cardioid-Arrayable, Dual 18" Subwoofer with Ultra Long Excursion Transducers
- Components 2 x 2269H Differential Drive® 18"
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 24 - 400 Hz
- Nominal Section Impedances 2 x 8 ohms
- Continuous Power Rating 2 x 2000W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 1222 mm x 493.3 mm x 926.5 mm
- (48.1" x 19.4" x 36.5")
- Weight 83.0 kg (183 lb)