Kawai CN 25
Kawai’s CN Series model CN25 features a realistic, 88-note keyboard, beautiful grand piano sounds, and headphone jacks to avoid troubling family members and neighbours – all within an attractive, affordable instrument that will never require tuning.
In addition to faithfully recreating the touch and tone of an acoustic piano, the CN 25 boasts a variety of additional features suitable for different playing abilities. The convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to learn piano with classical etudes and songs from the popular Alfred course books or Beyer, Czerny and Burgmüller, while Concert Magic encourages even non-players to enjoy making music by simply tapping the keyboard with a steady, rhythmical beat.
The new CN Series’ class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action recreates the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and rigid, springless design providing a smooth and natural piano playing experience.
The instruments’ triple-sensor key detection system enhances responsiveness and accuracy, while structural reinforcements throughout the action assembly help to minimise noise and key wobble during staccato and fortissimo passages.
The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while let-off simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano. These important characteristics allow discerning pianists to practise their expanding repertoire with confidence, and ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises when called upon to perform using the finest acoustic grand pianos.
The impressive CN 25 features Kawai’s highly regarded Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs fingertip perspiration and oils to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth but not slippery. Furthermore, this moisture is absorbed without dirt or grease permeating the surface, allowing the keytops to be wiped clean easily using only a damp cloth.
When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volume levels, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo. The CN Series offer a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Kawai’sproprietary Progressive Harmonic Imaging sampling technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
Recording each key individually in this way, preserves the rich harmonic character of the EX concert grand piano, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any of the CN 25 keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
An experienced piano technician is essential to fully realise the potential of a fine acoustic piano. In addition to meticulously tuning each individual note, the technician also performs numerous regulation and voicing adjustments that allow an instrument to truly sing. The CN 25 Virtual Technician simulates these refinements digitally, allowing performers to shape various aspects of the piano’s tonal character and playability to suit their unique personal preferences.
The Vocal Assist function with its speech output makes it easy to find the desired function. In addition Sound Preview let's you find any sound easily. The CN25 features song recordering capabilities that both enhances one’s playing enjoyment and assists with piano study. The CN25’s useful recorder allows up to 3 songs to be stored in internal memory and played back at the touch of a button, serving as a convenient self-assessment tool for players of all skill levels.
The CN25 also includes a USB-to-host jack to connect the CN25 to a computer and the MIDI jacks for various other connectivities.
The extra large Music Rack can be set in three different angles like a real grand piano.
The Grand Feel pedals offer a authentic feeling pedal system and allow for maximum control.
- Keyboard: RH3 action, 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch surface, Let-Off simulation, 3 sensor system and individually weighted keys
- Sound Source: Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ System (88 keys sampling)
- Sounds: Concert Grand, Concert Grand 2, Studio Grand, Studio Grand 2, Mellow Grand, Mellow Grand 2, Modern Piano, Rock Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere
- Virtual Technician: Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Hammer Noise, Stretch
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Live Hall, Concert Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Yes, preset
- Lesson Function: 240 songs: Beyer, Czerny, Burgmüller and Alfred Piano books
- Dual Mode: Yes, with adjustable balance
- 4 Hand Mode: Yes
- Touch Curve: Light, Normal, Heavy, off
- Recorder: 3 Songs, max. 10000 notes
- Beats: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8
- Tempo: 10-300 BPM
- Other Functions: Transpose, Tuning, Brilliance, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral mode, Transmit Program Change Number, Auto Power Off
- Demo Songs: 19
- Concert Magic Songs: 40
- Pedals: Grand Feel System with Damper (Half-Pedal), Sostenuto and Soft
- Key Lid: Yes, sliding type
- Headphones: 2xJacks
- MIDI: In, Out
- Speaker: 12 cm x 2
- Output Power: 20 W x 2
- Dimensions: 135,6х85,8x40,1 cm
- Weight: 42 kg