Kawai CN 27
Kawai’s CN Series model CN27 features a realistic, 88-note keyboard, beautiful grand piano sounds, and headphone jacks to avoid troubling family members and neighbours – all within an attractive, affordable instrument that will never require tuning.
In addition to faithfully recreating the touch and tone of an acoustic piano, the CN 27 boasts a variety of additional features suitable for different playing abilities. The convenient lesson function allows aspiring pianists to learn piano with classical etudes and songs from the popular Alfred course books or Beyer, Czerny and Burgmüller, while Concert Magic encourages even non-players to enjoy making music by simply tapping the keyboard with a steady, rhythmical beat.
In addition to the USB-to-host port and the MIDI ports, CN 27 also boast integrated Bluetooth MIDI technology, allowing the digital piano to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly.
The new CN Series’ class-leading Responsive Hammer III keyboard action recreates the supreme touch of an acoustic grand piano, with its realistic movement and rigid, springless design providing a smooth and natural piano playing experience.
The instruments’ triple-sensor key detection system enhances responsiveness and accuracy, while structural reinforcements throughout the action assembly help to minimise noise and key wobble during staccato and fortissimo passages.
The weight of the keyboard is appropriately graded to mirror the heavier bass hammers and lighter treble hammers of an acoustic piano, while let-off simulation recreates the subtle ‘notch’ sensation felt when softly playing the keys of a grand piano. These important characteristics allow discerning pianists to practise their expanding repertoire with confidence, and ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises when called upon to perform using the finest acoustic grand pianos.
The impressive CN 27 features Kawai’s highly regarded Ivory Touch key surfaces as standard. This finely textured material gently absorbs fingertip perspiration and oils to assist playing control, and possesses a natural, matte finish that is smooth but not slippery. Furthermore, this moisture is absorbed without dirt or grease permeating the surface, allowing the keytops to be wiped clean easily using only a damp cloth.
When playing a fine piano, the amount of pressure applied to the keyboard affects not only the volume of the sound produced, but also the unique tonal character of each note. Therefore, in order to construct a realistic acoustic portrait of the EX concert grand piano, not only is each key recorded individually, but also at various different volume levels, ranging from gentle pianissimo to thunderous fortissimo. The CN Series offer a highly detailed acoustic portrait, employing Kawai’sproprietary Progressive Harmonic Imaging sampling technology to ensure smooth tonal transitions across the keyboard and throughout the entire dynamic range.
Capturing each key individually in this way preserves the grand pianos’ unique harmonic character, and guarantees that the sound heard when playing any one of the CN Series’ keys is a faithful representation of the original acoustic source.
An experienced piano technician is essential to fully realise the potential of a fine acoustic piano. In addition to meticulously tuning each individual note, the technician also performs numerous regulation and voicing adjustments that allow an instrument to truly sing. The CN 27 Virtual Technician simulates these refinements digitally, allowing performers to shape various aspects of the piano’s tonal character and playability to suit their unique personal preferences, before storing favourite setups to memory for immediate recall.
The Vocal Assist function with its speech output makes it easy to find the desired function. In addition Sound Preview let's you find any sound easily. The CN27 features song recordering capabilities that both enhances one’s playing enjoyment and assists with piano study. The CN27’s useful recorder allows up to 3 songs to be stored in internal memory and played back at the touch of a button, serving as a convenient self-assessment tool for players of all skill levels.
Improved Headphone Experience
The CN Series’ Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument’s various sounds when using headphones or earphones, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when listening for extended periods of time.
Adjustable Music Rest
As with a grand piano, the viewing angle of the CN Series’ music rest can be adjusted to suit the performer’s playing position, or laid flat for convenience when notating scores.
Authentic Pedal Response
Reinforcing the CN Series’ reputation as the most realistic digital pianos in their price range is Kawai’s Grand Feel Pedal System. This new development accurately replicates the position and individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano to further enhance playing authenticity.
- Keyboard: RH3 action, 88 weighted keys with Ivory Touch surface, Let-Off simulation, 3 sensor system and individually weighted keys
- Sound Source: Progressive Harmonic Imaging™ System (88 keys sampling)
- Sounds: Concert Grand, Concert Grand 2, Studio Grand, Studio Grand 2, Mellow Grand, Mellow Grand 2, Modern Piano, Rock Piano, Classic E.Piano, Modern E.Piano, Jazz Organ, Church Organ, Harpsichord, Vibraphone, String Ensemble, Slow Strings, Choir, New Age Pad, Atmosphere
- Virtual Technician:
- Smart Mode: 10 Presets
- Advanced Mode (via Virtual Technician app): Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Polyphony: max. 192 notes
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Live Hall, Concert Hall, Cathedral
- Effects: Yes, preset
- Lesson Function:
- Burgmüller 27: 27 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100)
- Czerny: 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849)
- Beyer: Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101
- Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A
- Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B
- Dual Mode: Yes, with adjustable balance
- 4 Hand Mode: Yes
- Touch Curve: Light, Normal, Heavy, off
- Recorder: 3 Songs, max. 10000 notes
- Beats: 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 3/8, 6/8
- Tempo: 10-300 BPM
- Other Functions: Transpose, Tuning, Brilliance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, Startup Settings, Factory Reset, Sound Preview, Vocal Assist, Auto Power Off, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi-timbral Mode, Transmit Program Change Number, Bluetooth MIDI
- Demo Songs: 19
- Concert Magic Songs: 40
- Pedals: Grand Feel System with Damper (Half-Pedal), Sostenuto and Soft
- Key Lid: Yes, sliding type
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- MIDI: In/Out
- USB to Host
- Headphones: 2 (1/4", 1/8")
- Speaker: 12 cm x 2
- Output Power: 20 W x 2
- Dimensions: 135,6x86x40,5 cm
- Weight: 43 kg