Guitar slide - accessory by which your instrument will sound a whole new way! If you decide to buy a slider for the guitar (slide for guitar), you can select the slider for guitar company D'andrea - and classical, and not quite traditional.
Basic materials for the production of sliders, or simply - slide brass, bronze, copper, steel, ceramics, glass, and of course the bottle glass. They differ in sound, weight and ease of play:
- Copper, brass and bronze slides quite heavy, but because of this sounds "warmer", brighter and have more sustain (duration of the sound). They are often used with an acoustic guitar. Heavy slide = fat sound, less "dirt" in the sound, sounds better in slow solos.
- Steel slides also pretty hefty, they have a good sustain, but more smooth and "cold" sound. Well suited for electric guitars.
- The glass slide of tempered glass (pyrex glass) weigh less, they sound more softly and almost silent in the game.
- Slides from bottleneck - many of them are much better sound pyrex, but they differ from each other depending on the type and quality of glass. Most often used with an acoustic guitar.
- Ceramic slides combine the lightness and quietness of glass with the warmth of sound and great sustain bronze. I prefer ceramics since These slides are perfectly sound and acoustic and electric guitars. In addition, ceramic slides are more comfortable sitting on a finger - their inner surface absorbs moisture.
- In general, the guitar slide should be approximately equal in length to your thumb.
- Slide does not have to be long. Although shortened model and do not allow to capture all of the strings at the same time, they are often easier and more convenient.