Ukulele (hawaiian ukulele) - four stringed musical instrument, which appeared in Hawaii. Structurally very similar to the classical guitar, but has only 4 strings (nylon). Standard ukulele tuning: G, C, E, A. There is also an alternative system soprano ukulele step higher: A, D, F#, C. In connection with this playing little differs from the ukulele guitar, but the songs on the ukulele obtained lively, fun, and most importantly - very original. Dimensions ukulele allow to carry it everywhere, in the country, or to take with him on a long journey. Little guitar ukulele always find a place in the cheerful company. Ukulele chords get a bit different and include triads. Setting ukulele performed using chromatic tuner for a given system. Strings for ukulele differs from guitar, but their range is always great and growing with the popularity of this guitar.The guitar ukulele can be of various forms: as a standard, "pineapple", triangular, square, there is even a plastic ukulele & electric ukulele with a pickup (ukulele pickup - acoustic electric ukulele).
Types of ukulele
There are 4 types of ukuleles:
- Soprano ukulele (total length 530 mm), the most common type
- Concert ukulele (580 mm) – a little bigger
- Tenor ukulele (660 mm), which appeared in the 20s of the XX century
- Baritone ukulele (bass ukulele – 760 mm), which appeared in the 40s of the XX century
Parts of ukulele
- Headstock or head. Attached to the neck, it holds the tuning pegs or tuning machines
- Tuning heads. They are geared mechanisms that hold the strings and are turned to adjust string tension when tuning the ukulele
- Nut. Works together with the saddle to keep the strings in correct alignment
- Neck. It extends from the headstock to the body and supports the fretboard
- Fretboard. Also called a fingerboard, it holds the frets and often has position marker dots or other images to orient the player. The first fret is nearest to the headstock
- Body. Consists of the top, back, and sides. The top is primarily responsible for transmitting the strings' vibrations. Its sound hole helps to project the ukulele’s output. Some sound holes have a decorative rosette
- Bridge. Mounts on the ukelele’s top and holds the saddle. The strings are are secured by knotting them on the tail end of the bridge
In this section you can buy musical instruments of the following companies: LAG, Hora, Vintage, EKO, Yamaha, Sponge Bob, Stagg, Fender, Caraya and many other ukulele brands.
Buy ukuleles in Musician.UA
Not sure which type of ukulele to choose? Our sales consultants will help you choose the right product for you. Online consultation is also possible. You can buy ukuleles in our stores. It is also possible to place an order on our website musician.ua. Delivery is carried out all over Ukraine. Thanks to the wide assortment, everyone will be able to choose a product that suits the characteristics and cost. We take care of the quality of service and do everything possible to make sure that you are satisfied with your purchase.