Bass guitar – type of guitar for playing in the bass register. Strings for bass guitar is much thicker. They are made from steel, nickel steel, bronze, metals coated with phosphorous. Divide into 4 strings, 5,6,7 string versions, active, passive, acoustic bass guitar and fretless bass guitar. There is also an acoustic bass, and, if not strange, it appeared later its predecessor electric bass guitar.
Bass guitar tuning is performed, or the chromatic tuner. The main formation is considered to be a guitar analogue system (only in the bass register Fa). The first string - G, the second - D, the third - A, the fourth - E. When you add a fifth string get in the mood bass another low note - C. Neck of bass guitar is very massive order that would keep the tension of the strings. Often, it inserts reinforce the hardwood, the basic material is maple, interspersed with blackwood or mahogany. Classical bass scale is 864mm (34"), there is a shortening of scale - 31" 29", 27" and hi-scale basses - 35". The first bass guitar founded Leo Fender, it was Precision Bass, the design of which in general has remained until now and is one of the most popular. That is, the bass is a young instrument, whose history on this day amounts to little more than half a century.
When exploring your options, it’s helpful to make a list of your favorite bassists and think about what styles of music you want to learn to play. This will help the salesperson offer suggestions on particular models that will give you the sound you’re looking for. When looking for your first bass, there are many things to consider. You want a solid, well-built bass guitar that will inspire you to play. Here are a few things to look for:
- The scale, or string length, will determine the size of the bass. Basses come in long scale and short scale. It is important to match the size of the bass to the size of the bassist
- The action refers to how high the strings are in relation to the fretboard of the neck. High action makes playing more difficult. If the action is too low, the strings will make an unpleasant buzzing sound
- The electronics. For electric basses, make sure that you test the bass with an amplifier and that the volume and tone controls work to adjust the sound. Listen for any crackling sounds, as that may indicate some faulty electronics or loose internal wiring
- The frets level. Check to see whether the frets are level and that the notes sound good all the way up and down the neck on each string. Uneven frets can cause bad notes on different parts of the neck. Run your hand up and down the neck – the frets should feel even and smooth
- The neck width. As you look at basses, check the width of the guitar neck. Some bass guitars have wider necks than others, and a younger player could benefit from having a narrower neck that is slightly less difficult to navigate
Cheap bass guitar from different manufacturers are always avialable in our store.
Buy bass guitars in Musician.UA
You can buy bass guitars in our stores. It is also possible to place an order in the online shop. Delivery is carried out all over Ukraine. Thanks to the wide assortment, everyone will find a suitable product for themselves. You can always count on professional advice and assistance. If your guitar needs service – take advantage of our guitar workshop. We care about the quality of service and do everything we can to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase.