Guitar effects represent a very large group of devices for processing sound of guitars and basses. In terms of destinations, they are divided into bass guitar effects, guitar effects and effects for acoustic guitars. Guitar effects can be analog (transistors), tube and digital. They are available in different formats, effects pedals, effects processors.
Guitar effects pedals, analog guitar pedal, transistors guitar effects, tube guitar pedal and digital guitar effect pedal:
- Distortion simulates the effect of overdrive sound amplifier, its options are overdrive and fuzz.
- Chorus simulates choral sound of the instrument, creating a very juicy and surround sound
- Flanger creates a sound like a plane taking off, it was popular in the '60s, when musicians are actively used it to create a psychedelic sound, reminiscent of the chorus, but differs from it by the delay and feedback.
- Wow effect exists in two versions: avtovau and the expression pedal. In the first case, the effect is not cyclic, depending on the level of the input signal, while the second - a musician himself, with an expression pedal, increases or decreases the level of the effect.
- The equalizer allows you to align the frequency response of the audio signal that is selectively adjust the amplitude of the signal, depending on the frequency.
- Phaser - sound effect that is achieved by filtering the audio signal with the creation of a series of highs and lows in its spectrum, resulting in a rather interesting circular effect.
- Octaver - sound effects add to the signal a copy of an octave or two higher or lower pitch.
- Harmonizer - an effect that adds to the signal of a copy, is falling behind in the interval in the range of 2 octave up / down, similar to the octave, but more variable.
- Compressor can reduce the difference between the levels of the weak and strong signals, thereby aligning the sound of the instrument.
- Vibrato provides periodic changes in pitch, volume and timbre of musical sound.
- Tremolo - a sound effect that implements the periodic change the volume (signal amplitude). It is characterized by a pulsating sound.
- Reverb - is the effect of gradually reducing the intensity of the sound of his multiple reflections (echo).
- Wammy allows you to shift the pitch with an expression pedal.
- Delay effect simulates the clear fading repetitions (echo) of the original signal, a single Delay usually means a delay of the signal, while the effect of "echo" - multiple repetitions; on the principle of action is similar to the reverb and differs from it only by the delay time, which should not be less than 50-60ms.
- Booster amplifies the signal without changing the original sound.
In this section you can buy musical instruments of the following companies: Bespeco, EBS, Source Audio, Hiwatt, Maximum Acoustics, Guitar Tech, Ibanez, Fender, Korg, Boss, TC Electronics, Line 6, Marshall, Laney, Digitech, Zoom, Arion, Daphon and many others.