Editorial Policy of Musician.ua Internet Edition
We, founders of Musician.ua Internet Edition, recognizing the responsibility for the development of media and adherence to the standards of media resource independence, hereby determine and guarantee:
- non-interference in the editorial policy of the edition (the editorial office if free to determine topics for coverage, publication directions, the wording of texts, and independently carry out its activities as an information resource);
- ensuring the right to complete freedom of the editorial office in the exercise of the principle of reporting objective and unbiased information;
- inadmissibility of using Musician.ua as a tool for influence in the competitive struggle.
Purpose and objectives
Musician.ua is an Internet magazine, which is published publicly and covers topical issues of the past and the present music life and culture in Ukraine; it tells about the news in the music world both in the country and abroad, as well as anything related to musical instruments. This editorial policy contains principles of the process of accepting, reviewing and publishing materials, as well as main standards of the edition activities and criteria required for articles. This editorial policy is mandatory for all parties of the editorial process. Submission of articles by authors or review of materials means automatic consent with the specified standards. Should any questions, suggestions, or complaints arise, please refer to the editorial office.
І. Unrestricted access to magazine materials
The full version of Musician.ua articles are publicly available on the website at https://musician.ua
ІІ. The process of acceptance, review, and publication of materials
2.1. Receiving manuscripts
Texts are drawn up in accordance with the requirements put forward by the Editorial Office of Musician.ua. Materials are submitted to the editorial office using a mechanism of electronic submission and uploading of the electronic version of the manuscript via the respective web interface. For this, articles are first sent to the email of the editorial office. Texts are then reviewed for compliance with the requirements and may be returned for refinement. The notice on receipt of manuscripts is sent to the specified authors’ email.
2.2. Review process
Upon review of materials, the magazine editorial office may make one of the following decisions:
- Publish the text without changes.
- Publish the text with minor changes.
- Reject if the article needs considerable changes. But the author has the right to re-submit the finalized article.
- Reject without permission to re-submit the article if it does not correspond to the magazine topic or contains outdated or false information.
2.3. Accepting the text for publication
The final decision on the submitted materials is made by the magazine Editor-in-Chief. Review results, remarks, and recommendations are then sent to the author via email. The review process lasts at most 2 months. The Editorial Office reserves the right to literary editing of texts and their shortening while retaining the author’s style.
3. Article selection criteria
Musician.ua magazine accepts texts (that were not previously published and were not submitted for publication in any other editions) corresponding to the edition topic:
- Musical life in Ukraine
- News about the life of famous Ukrainian musicians and composers and everything that is related to the musical life
- News of concert life, festivals
- News about the life of musical instruments, descriptions, comparisons
- The history of musical life in Ukraine
Materials prepared in either Ukrainian or Russian are accepted to publication. Main selection criteria: correspondence to the topic of Musician.ua Internet edition, originality, importance, grammatical correctness of writing, adherence to editorial requirements.
4. Attitude towards the ethics principles
The Editorial Office of Musician.ua does not accept materials containing offensive language, manifestations of aggression or national, religious, race, or other discrimination, which incite interethnic and race hatred and violate international legal norms and legislation. The Editorial Office does not bear responsibility for the views, judgments, and conclusions made by article authors and published in the magazine. They do not always coincide with the point of view of the editorial office. The authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of information in these articles, accuracy of names, last names, and quotations. Any notices, remarks, or suggestions are subject to review.
5. Amendments and additions to the Editorial Policy
The Editorial office of Musician.ua may make changes and additions to this Editorial Policy in order to improve and enhance the process of publication of Musician.ua materials.