The Electro-Voice® Zx5-90 is the new standard of no compromise audio performance and versatility in a simple to use, compact package. At its heart are the transducers. First is the DVX3150 highperformance low frequency transducer. EV used advanced computer aided design techniques to create forced air, directional voice coil cooling for high power and efficiency. Finite element analysis was used to optimize the suspension and magnetic structure for long, linear travel to provide low distortion and greater LF extension.
These features and details, such as forged magnetic components and special materials, provide reliability with a 600W power rating in a lightweight transducer. Next is the ND2, a 2-inch voice coil compression driver based on neodymium motor structure to allow for maximum output while reducing size and weight to a minimum. Its precision phasing plug and titanium diaphragm provide better HF performance, while the integral heatsink provides cooling for high power output.
The high tech enclosure uses injection-molded high-impact polypropylene structural foam to make the Zx5 incredibly durable. The enclosure geometry elements have been carefully designed to provide maximum rigidity and bass response. By design the Zx5 is also a perfect solution for stage monitors by allowing two angles (45° or 55°) without any additional accessories.
The Zx5 is equipped with three anchor plates for rigging with single stud-fittings, along with two more possible anchor plate attachment points on the bottom. For permanent suspension or attaching brackets, the Zx5 also has two M8 inserts on the top and bottom, two under the handle, and four on the back of the enclosure, for a total of 10. All versions are available in black or white.
- Freq. Response1 (-3 dB): 58 Hz - 18 kHz
- Freq. Range1 (-10 dB): 39 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency: 36 Hz
- Axial Sensitivity: 98 dB (1W/1m)
- Max Calculated SPL: 132 dB
- Horizontal Coverage: 90°
- Vertical Coverage: 50°
- Rated System Power: 600W Continuous, 2400W Peak
- LF Power Handling: 500W Continuous, 2000W Peak
- HF Power Handling: 40W Continuous, 160W Peak
- LF Transducer: DVX3150, 15in (300mm) Driver
- HF Transducer: ND2, 1in. (25.4mm) exit Neodymium Compression Driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.5 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6.5 Ohms
- Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL4
- Enclosure Material: Polypropylene Structural Foam
- Suspension: Enclosure has locations for 5 SingleStud Attatchment Plates and 10 Forged Steel Eyebolts - 2 on Top, 2 on Bottom, 2 on
- Side, and 4 on Rear of Enclosure
- Grille: Polyester Powder Coated, 16GA Galvanized Steel
- Environmental Spec: IEC 529 IP24 / IP44 (PI Version)
- Dim (H x W x D): 27.26" x 17.57" x 16.16"
- Net Weight: 22.2 kg