The Genelec 8040B Bi-Amplified Monitoring System Boasts performance comparable to much larger systems, but in a compact package, the bi-amplified 8040B is ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. Uses include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles.
The ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8040B includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard.
Each 8040B comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler), which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8040B includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
A compact studio monitor with excellent directivity and accurate sonic imaging. Get a monitor that sounds great and takes up no space!
- Compact Bi-Amplified Active Monitor.
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) flow-optimized reflex port design.
- MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) Loudspeaker Design.
- Separate Bass And Treble Amplifiers Produce 90 Watts Of Output Power Each.
- Bass Response Reaches Down To 48 Hz.
- Includes Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler).
- Type: Bi-Amplified Monitor System
- Tweeter: 0,75", Metal Dome
- Bass Driver: 6,5", Cone
- Frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB), 41 Hz – 25 kHz (-6 dB)
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Power: Woofer 90 W + Tweeter 90 W
- Maximum SPL: 105 dB
- Input: 1 x XLR analog
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 285x189x178 mm
- Weight: 8,6 kg