The JBL PD5212/64-WRC is a Precision Directivity 60 degree x 40 degree loudspeaker designed for applications requiring high output capability with excellent pattern control. The PD5212/64-WRC can be utilized alone in music or speech systems where frequency extension to 80 Hz is adequate or combined with subwoofers to create extended bandwidth full-range systems.
The M222-8A 300 mm (12") low frequency transducer features high sensitivity and low power compression for high continuous SPL capability. It is horn-loaded for additional sensitivity and improved pattern control. A newly designed low frequency phasing plug extends frequency response, providing smoother transition to the high frequency driver. The 2451H-1 large format high frequency compression driver utilizes a neodymium magnet and pure titanium diaphragm to deliver clear and intelligible high frequency projection, extended frequency response and low distortion at even the highest drive levels.
Large PT (Progressive Transition) waveguides achieve an optimum balance of extremely well controlled coverage with low distortion, smooth frequency response and natural sound character. The low and high frequency horns are rotatable for cabinet positioning in either horizontal or vertical orientation. High-slope crossovers minimize band overlap and a well-controlled off-axis response enhances arrayability. The loudspeaker can be operated in either bi-amplified or in full passive mode. In either case, digital signal processing is required in order to achieve specified performance. Input connectors include both Speakon and CE-compliant covered barrier strip for hookup versatility.
The cabinet is fitted with twenty M10 threaded suspension points, supporting a wide variety of installation approaches. The PD5212/64-WRC is part of JBL's broad lineup of installed sound loudspeakers, complementing the larger PD700 mid-high cabinets with a more compact size and greater low frequency extension and supplementing the smaller AE series cabinets with higher SPL capability and larger horns for pattern control to a lower frequency.
- Frequency Range: 80 Hz - 18 kHz
- Coverage Pattern: 60x40
- Directivity Factor (Q): 22,4
- Directivity Index (DI): 13,5 dB
- Crossover Modes: Bi-amp/Passive switchable
- Passive Crossover: 6th order (36 dB/oct) Linkwitz-Riley HP&LP, 850 Hz
- Transducer Power Ratings (AES): LF - 400 W (1600 W peak), 2 hrs. 300 W (1200 W peak), 100 hrs, HF - 75 W (300 W peak), 2 hrsLong-Term System Power Rating (IEC), Passive Mode - 300 W (1200 W peak), 100 hrs
- Maximum SPLBi-amp mode LF: 135 dB-SPL cont avg (141 dB peak)
- Maximum SPLBi-amp mode HF: 135 dB-SPL cont avg (141 dB peak)
- Passive mode: 132 dB-SPL cont avg (138 dB peak)
- System Sensitivity: 109 dB-SPL
- LF Driver: M222-8A 300 mm (12 in) driver with 75 mm (3 in) voice coil, Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms, Sensitivity: 109 dB-SPL
- HF Driver: 2451H-1, 38 mm (1,5 in) exit compression driver with 100 mm (4 in) voice coil, Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms, Sensitivity: 116 dB-SPL
- Enclosure: Trapezoidal with 15 degree side angles, 16 mm (5/8 in) exterior grade 11-ply Finnish birch plywood
- Suspension Attachment: 20 points (5 top, 5 bottom, 4 each side, 2 rear), M10 threaded hardware
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL4, plus CE-compliant covered barrier strip terminals, Barrier terminals accept up to 5,2 sq mm (10 AWG) wire or max width 9 mm (,375 in) spade lugs, Speakon in parallel with barrier strip for loop-through
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 991x673x706 mm
- Weight: 69,0 kg