The Rode Stereo VideoMic is a high-quality stereo microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders. Two high-resolution 1/2" condenser capsules are mounted in a fixed X/Y stereo array, providing a very natural stereo recording, while still offering a high level of rear rejection.
The Stereo VideoMic is an ideal microphone for capturing environmental and ambient sounds, as well as live music. For dialogue and directional applications the Rode Stereo VideoMic and Stereo VideoMic Pro are recommended. An in-built shock mounting system isolates the Stereo VideoMic capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded. A -10dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from the rear face of the microphone, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Om
- Maximum SPL 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K Om load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dB-A
- Power Options: 9V Battery
- Weight: 288.00gm
- Dimensions: 65.00mm H x 102.00mm W x 170.00mm D
- Output: Minijack Output