Luxurious cabinet, finished in natural wood…control panel, softly lit…not only is the form elegantly superb, the advanced sound source is as impressive as it is expressive. From the multidimensional RSS reverb output, which can give your room the ambience of a cathedral, to the luxurious large color LCD touch-panel — the AT-800 Atelier organ provides a supreme organ playing experience.
- The physical Harmonic Bars provide authentic, hands-on control for expressive organ playing
- Perfect Organ, Symphonic and Orchestral sounds includes gorgeous pipe organ voices derived from acclaimed RODGERS digital classic organs
- Acoustic-instrument expression with new Articulation Voices using Roland’s unique SuperNATURAL™ technology
- Easy-to-use control panel based on traditional organ playing principles and larger color LCD monitor with touch screen function
- The rhythm function automatically adds ultra-realistic accompaniment, letting you play with a virtual backing band of world-class musicians
- The D BEAM controller offers magical expression by moving your hand over the invisible beam
- Quick registration from the hands of world-class organists and convenient Music Assistant functions
- The USB host port supports USB memory key and FD-01A USB floppy disk drive for easy data storage and transport
- Playing back VIMA TUNES with optional CD Drive, you can enjoy attractive slideshows and lyrics with music
Organ Sounds and Beyond
From the sound of stately classical and theater organs of the silent-movie era to up-tempo jazz and rock organs, MUSIC ATELIER provides organ sounds from around the world, letting you play any genre convincingly. You can even layer authentic Orchestral Voices with the organ sounds, creating sounds and textures that were never possible with conventional organs.
Harmonic Bar Enables Intuitive, Expressive Playing
The new physical Harmonic Bars provide authentic, hands-on control for expressive organ playing. Under the control of the Bars is a Virtual Tone Wheel voice engine derived from Roland’s acclaimed VK combo-organ series. Furthermore, an individual solo bar is provided for the onboard Orchestral Voice, allowing organ sounds to be combined with Orchestral Voices for incredible textures.
With new “Articulation Voice” sound set realized by SuperNATURAL™ technology onboard, the AT-series breathes unprecedented life into Violin, Trombone, Cello, and Tenor Sax voices. Experience the most subtle and expressive characteristics of these classic instruments, including lifelike vibrato, pizzicato, portamento and other authentic nuances.
Convenience & Realtime Playability
With its simple panel layout, MUSIC ATELIER has been designed with priority given to the real-time needs of playing. Buttons are color coded according to function. Selection of sounds, voice layering and balance changes — its design enables complete freedom of expression, with all settings quickly changeable in real time.
Swing, country, bossa nova — with MUSIC ATELIER you can play along with rhythms from all over the world. The built-in patterns feature the ultra-realistic groove and feel of professional drummers. By playing simple chords on the lower keyboard, the arranger function (Auto Accompaniment) automatically adds accompaniment, letting you play with a virtual backing band of world-class musicians.
To make operations easy, all models feature a large color touch-panel LCD with a quick-start guide built in. The newly expanded screen enables often-used menu icons to be always shown on the monitor.
D BEAM Expression
An incredible feature that must be seen to be believed — MUSIC ATELIER organs let you “touch the air” above the keys to control an invisible infrared D BEAM. Waving your hand over the beam allows you to alter the sound. Amaze your audience!
Instant Storage & Recall
Your favorite voice and rhythm selections, as well as other panel settings, can be instantly recalled from internal memory. In addition, to save and retrieve your precious data externally, simply plug in a USB memory key — the global external-storage standard.
Expand your musical universe by incorporating musical content from around the world. If you connect a USB memory key or USB CD drive, for example, you can play along with audio CDs ormusic stored in other formats. You can even connect devices such as the powerful SA-1000 stage amp, mics, and large screen TVs and displays. Excellent, of course, for playing on your own, but also great for home karaoke and stage performances. Use the supplied remote control to selectsongs and play, return, and stop, or to adjust the tempo and key. Whatever the situation, MUSIC ATELIER is sure to be at the heart of the fun.
- Upper: 56 keys (C3 to G7) with 10 levels Initial Touch
- Lower: 76 keys (E1 to G7) Waterfall type with 10 levels Initial Touch and After Touch
- 20 keys (C2 to G3)Pedals
- Expression Pedal, Damper Pedal
- 2 (on the expression pedal, function assignable)
- Conforms to GM2/GM/GS/XG lite
- 450 Voices
- (Included 4 Articulation Voices and 31 Active Expression Voices)
- 18 Drum Sets + 1 SFX Set
Manual Percussion Sets
- 14 sets
- Rotary Sound, Chorus, RSS Reverb, Sustain, Vibrato, Pitch Bend, Glide
- Upper Part: Organ, Symphonic, Orchestral
- Lower Part: Organ, Symphonic, Orchestral
- Solo Part: Solo
- Pedal Part: Organ, OrchestralVintage OrganFlute (with harmonic bars), Pipe, Theater
- Memories: 12
- Functions: Load Next, File Edit
- 25 types
- 415.3 Hz to 466.2 Hz (0.1 Hz steps)
- -4 to +7 (in semitones)
- -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- 250 rhythms in 10 groups x 4 variations
- 99 rhythms
- Pattern editing of the internal rhythms
- (Drum Set, Beat, Tempo, Note)
- Tempo, Arranger On/Off, Start/Stop, Sync Start, Intro, Ending, Intro Count Down, Break, Auto Fill In, Variation (4 variations), One Touch Program, Chord Intelligence, Chord Hold, Leading Bass, Auto Standard Tempo, Rhythm Mode
- 525 titles x 4 variations
One Touch Program
- 250 rhythms x 2 groups x 4 variations
- 216 settings in 11 groups
- 7 tracks
- Approx. 40,000 notes
- Max. 999 measures
- Quarter note = 20 to 500
- 120 ticks per quarter note
- Realtime (Replace, Punch In/Out, Loop)
- Delete Measure, Delete Track, Erase, Copy, QuantizeScore DisplayDigiScore (Great Staff, G Clef Staff, F Clef Staff, with note name, with Lyrics)
- USB flash memory, Floppy disk (in the case of using optional USB floppy disk drive FD-01A)
- MUSIC ATELIER original format, SMF format 0
- Max. 99 songs for each folder
Rated Power Output
- 10 W + 10 W + 60 W + 60 W + 100 W
- Full-range: 8 cm x 2 (small), 16 cm x 4 (large)
- Woofer: 30 cm x 1
- Graphic 800 x 480 dots backlit color LCD with touch screen
- Audio Output Jacks (L/mono, R), Aux/Drums Output Jacks (L/mono, R), Bass Output Jack (mono), Audio Input Jacks (L/mono, R), External Input Jacks (Camera, DVD Player In, Ext In), Video Output Jacks (Analog RGB, Video), Phones Jack (stereo) x 2, Mic Input Jack, MIDI connectors (In, Out), USB (MIDI) Jack, External Memory connector (USB Flash Memory connector), Ext Drive connector, AC Inlet