FL Studio 12 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers
Notable new features:
Updated Editions – FL Studio Fruity edition gains Automation Clips. Producer edition gains Sytrus & Maximus. Signature Bundle gains Harmless, Newtone, Gross Beat and Pitcher.
Vectorial UI – FL Studio is now 100% vectorial allowing it to be used on 4, 5 or even 8K monitors with pin-sharp fidelity.
Mixer – Completely redesigned mixer, dynamically resizable with 6 layout styles plus 3-user configurable docking panels (left, centre and right) for track management. Multi-fader selection and adjustment. Multi-touch support. 10 FX slots per track. Many new multi-track routing automated options. Enhanced grouping and submix functions. The dedicated ‘Send’ channels have been replaced with general purpose send tracks and added to the overall track pool.
Updated plugins – 3xOSC, Edison, Formula Controller, Peak Controller, Keyboard Controller gain vectorial UIs. Envelope Controller (8 articulators, Mod X/Y envelopes & vectorial UI), Send (can now send to any mixer track & vectorial UI), Hardcore (new tube distortion effect & convolution based cabinet simulation), Patcher (Plugins open outside patcher. Auto patcherizing of existing plugins & multi-touch support). Fruity Convolver new impulse library by Soundiron. Finally, the Channel Settings are now integrated into the Wrapper. ZGameEditor Visualizer – Loads all popular video formats and 4K rendering.
Piano roll – Time markers added for labelling and looping purposes. Auto-zoom can now be switched off in the General Settings. Stamp tool replaces chord tool and allows users to click in chords from a selector. Macro to find overlapping notes.
Playlist – Drop multiple stems or Audio Clips on the Playlist from any Windows file browser.
Browser – Category tabs (Files, Plugins and Current Project). Right-click delete option for content.
Multi-touch support – Multi-touch has been extended to Mixer functions, Channel settings and Control Surface.
FL Studio 12 introduces the biggest change to the user interface in over 10 years. High resolution video monitors are here to stay with 4K (3840x2160, 4096x2160) and 5K (5120×2880) models now flooding the market at ever lower prices. FL Studio can take full advantage of these resolutions with a pin-sharp user scalable UI. FL Studio’s user selectable scaling factor ranges from 100% to 400%, so it’s ready to take full advantage of even 8K (7680×4320, 8192×5120), with 16X the pixels of a 1080p monitor.
The Mixer takes advantage of the vectorial back-end to present a fully dynamic user experience. Click on the edge of the Mixer and drag it to any size. Couple this with 6 layout styles and features that dynamically adjust to the vertical zoom and FL Studio 12’s Mixer is ready for any task.
Taken to the next level, the mixer can easily be rescaled to fit ‘human’ fingers. No more fiddling about with tiny controls on a touch screen. The larger the touch display, the bigger users can make the interface controls.
Plugins including 3xOSC, Edison, Formula Controller, Envelope Controller, Keyboard Controller, Peak Controller and Send have had a vectorial makeover to bring these popular tools in-line with the main UI. Fruity Send can now send to any Mixer Track. The Channel Settings now are integrated into the Plugin Wrapper simplifying workflow. There will be more plugin updates coming in future.
What can FL Studio 12 do?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply real-time audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording up to the limit of your audio-interface inputs.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging with pattern and linear workflow possible.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native formats.
- Make virtually any sound – FL Studio includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback and beat-slicing (With Rex 1 & 2 support).
- Synthesis techniques - span subtractive, modelling, FM, RM, granular and additive. With the addition of FL SynthMaker you can further create & share your own FL instruments, effects & MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code.
- Open plugin standards – FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin instrument standards including VST, DX, Buzz and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plugins and applications.
Audio Recording & Editing
- Multi-channel audio inputs - With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio-interface, FL Studio has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony orchestra.
- Arranging audio - Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing and the re-arranging of audio with only a few mouse clicks.
- Edison – FL Studio’s audio capabilities are further enhanced with Edison, the recording wave editor. Edison is an integrated audio editing and recording tool with spectral analysis, convolution reverb, noise reduction, loop-recording, loop-construction tools and more.
- Newtone – Pitch corrector/editor. Correct, slice, edit, stretch vocals, instrumentals and other monophonic recordings. Convert audio to MIDI data and re-pitch any monophonic melody to another.
FL Studio supports WAV, MP3, OGG, WavPack, AIFF, and REX audio formats.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. Pattern or track sequencing – You choose, record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL Studio 12 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired.
Step sequencer or Piano roll - Scoring tools include FL Studio’s legendary Step-sequencer, one of the most advanced Piano roll’s in any software studio, event and multipoint automation envelopes. FL Studio supports MIDI input, standard controller compatibility, and the ability to simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
FL Studio allows you to do what you want where and when you want.
- Determine your own project design - In FL12, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL12's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and preferred workflow.
Mixing & Mastering
FL Studio provides all the tools you need to produce your tracks to high professional standards.
- The mixer - is about precision, control and flexibility. The mixer’s tracks each hold up to 10 effects (VST or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing chains of almost unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track or the Master track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plugins. Finally, each of the mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface, now that’s flexibility.
- Effects - What about effects? FL Studio includes more than 40 effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, vocoding and reverb. These have you covered for the creative broad-brush effects, through to the minutia of the mastering process.
- Open plugin standards – FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin effect standards including VST (1/2), DX(1/2), Buzz and Rewire. This means you can mix with your favorite plugins and applications.
Lifetime FREE Updates
There may be no such thing as a free lunch but there certainly is ‘Lifetime Free Updates’ with Image Line’s update policy:
- Never pay for bug-fixes again! – All customers who purchase FL Studio 12 receive Lifetime Free Updates by download. Free updates entitles the customer to all future updates of FL Studio at level purchased (Express, Fruity, Producer or Signature Bundle). For example, all FL Studio 12 customers will be able to update to a fully functioning version of FL Studio 13 and beyond, for free.
All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured, giving customers access to features associated with the highest level of the program (Producer Edition). Compose new songs and export them to WAV, MP3 or OGG. The only limitation is that projects saved in demo mode will only open fully once FL Studio and plugins have been registered. This gives you the ability to save recover your original projects post-purchase.
Order your licensed copy in our online store!