The main difference from the module RCM-26 is OMNEO interface instead of the CAN-bus.
RCM-28 - this is the first Electro-Voice equipment with OMNEO standard.
RCM-amplifiers 28 can control and monitor the status of the network in real time by a computer and IRIS Net software.
Only now, thanks to the introduction OMNEO technology, it does not require additional intermediate devices to communicate with a computer network amplifiers.
The undeniable advantage OMNEO protocol is also possible to transmit 24 channels of Dante digital audio standard in two directions over CAT5 twisted pair, together with the management and control signals.
To create and control more complex networks need to use processor NetMax N8000.
OMNEO protocol allows to collect on the same subnet to 100 amps with RCM-28 module.
1. Module RCM-28 has the following interfaces:
- 2 RJ-45 connectors for OMNEO Protocol;
- pass-through digital audio AES3 (AES / EBU) connector with the XLR connector;
- 9-pin RS-232 port;
- Programmable GPIO inputs and outputs.
GPIO Port Control, which is represented by 6-pin Euroblock, has the following ports:
- Two control inputs (5 max)
- Control output 2 (2 x 100 mA);
- Port 2 with the reference signal (5 V, 200 mA; GND).
2. Built-in DSP (Digital Signal Processing) device has the built-in functions: EQ, crossover, delay, dynamic control, FIR-filter.
- Equalizer: PEQ, Lo-Shelf, Hi-Shelf, Hi-Pass and Lo-Pass.
- Delay: 0 to 1000 ms per channel. It has a variety of dimensions: ms, ms, m, inches, feet, samples.
- Crossover: Hi-Pass and Lo-Pass Canal, filters 6, 12, 18, 24 dB Bessel and Butterworth; 12, 24 dB Linkwitz-Riley; synchronization delay from 0 to 20 ms per channel.
- FIR-filter: filter with a linear phase filter having a zero delay, linear edged crossover phase.
- Dynamic Protection: Limiter anticipate peaks and TEMP limiter on each channel.
- Other features: input routing; measurement and reference signal level, mute; reference polarity; a sinusoidal signal generator, the noise test signal; digital protection.
3. RCM-28 module provides control of the following parameters of the amplifier:
- output current and voltage;
- impedance of connected speakers;
- protection mode status;
- AC current and voltage;
- power consumption;
- Check the test signal in a circuit.
4. Module RCM-28 reveals the following network problems:
- network failures;
- defective or missing amplifiers;
- protocol error or messaging;
- the ability to use a backup network.
- In terms of features RCM-28 is equivalent to 1 channel Dx46 processor.
- sound optimization technology FIR-Drive.
- High precision control of load impedances.
- 2 GPI and GPO 2 port.
- A quick check of attached cables and components at the touch of a button.
- control signal detection circuit when checking the cables.
- 6 plug configuration presets / DSP.
- 2 parallel to the RJ-45 connector for OMNEO protocol.
- Through input AES3 (AES / EBU) digital audio signal from the XLR connector.
- The frequency range of operation (± 0.5 dB): 20 - 20,000 Hz
- The frequency range of impedance measurement: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- ADC / DAC: 24 bit linear, Sigma-Delta
- Processing: 48 bit
- The sampling frequency of the digital input: 32 - 192 kHz
- signal processing Sample rate: 96 kHz;
- 48 kHz (optional)
- Processor speed: Dual Core; 500 MIPS
- Input / output analog signal level: +6 dBu / 1.55 in
- Signal / noise ratio: 120dB ADC;
- DAC 120 dB;
- AES3 128 dB;
- Bx-O 116 dB (analog)
- The voltage and current power supply: 5 V / 1 A;
- +15 V / 180 mA;
- -15 V / 110 mA
- Power consumption: 9.35 W
- Dimensions (H x W x D) mm 85 x 80 x 230 mm
- Weight (net): 400 g